Looking for a Mechanical Engineer to provide professional engineering support to a number of site operations which involve diverse types of operations and associated engineering challenges, e.g. CHP Power Station, Gas Process Plants, Sub-sea Pipeline, Fuel Terminal and Chemical Park.
- In line with px and client requirements, complete assigned mechanical engineering and maintenance tasks, projects, and occasional site secondments, (where the need could exist on any px operated site), ensuring all SHE, legislative and business requirements are met and maintained.
- Lead and manage assigned personnel, taking overall responsibility for their supervision, development, welfare and overall effectiveness.
- Support the development of engineering staff on px operated sites, which will include coaching and mentoring activities.
- Attend the 'Cross Site Mechanical Engineering Group' meetings to ensure best practices are shared and implemented at all px operated sites.
- Champion continuous improvement by undertaking agreed audits, producing associated audit reports, and supporting the site where appropriate in closing the gaps. This will include identifying common themes across individual sites and proposing/delivering corporately led improvement processes aimed at closing the gaps in an efficient and effective manner.
- Work with appropriate site personnel (when requested) to support them in achieving compliance with corporate engineering and maintenance standards, practices and systems.
- Participate in &/or lead the development and implementation of corporate engineering Practices and Specifications, and provide support to px sites where they request assistance in developing their own supporting (to corporate) site procedures.
- Deliver assigned capital & revenue projects consistent with SHE and business requirements.
- Where required/appropriate, provide professional technical support for projects and maintenance activities on px operated plants; to include support to plant commissioning, scheduled and unscheduled plant outages, and unplanned events/incidents.
- Take on the role of 'Technical Advisor' and 'Process Safety Champion' in assigned aspects of mechanical engineering.
- Support the preparation for HSE intervention visits associated with Mechanical Engineering on COMAH sites.
- Provide professional mechanical engineering input and reports during due diligence visits to operational sites and potential new contracts for px.
- Support, when required, the change management processes in operation across px site operations.
- Lead technical investigations using structured root cause analysis tools and techniques
- HNC/HND in mechanical engineering discipline (or equivalent).
- Successful contribution & work experience in an engineering or maintenance environment. To include experience of: - Outage management.
- - PSSR's, legislative, best practice standards & insurance compliance.
- - Significant maintenance & contract management.
- Relevant experience in the process or power generation environment.
- Knowledge and application of SHE systems, ensuring compliance, risk areas & improvement.
- Have attended HAZOP's and LOPA's.