Mechanical Building Services Engineer required working on Rail projects. Must have experience working on projects such as Moving Gantires and Mechanical Handling.
- Assisting with the creation of mechanical designs in compliance with national and client specific standards from first client contact to completion under the lead of senior engineers.
- Personal development ensuring awareness of all new technologies and products for specification through research and appropriate training.
- Following all internal office QA procedures.
- Carrying out calculations to support the design process using industry standard software such as CAD, Amtech Hevacomp etc.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and specifications.
- Attending visual and partially intrusive site surveys.
- Technical support to installation teams.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Preferably qualified to degree level in an applicable mechanical engineering or building services discipline.
- Appropriate membership of professional body, such as CIBSE, IET and working towards chartership.
- Experience in a Building Services design consultancy (or applicable equivalent, such as a D&B installation contractor) environment with an emphasis on MEP building services on a wide range of projects.
- Good technical HVAC/Mechanical knowledge and experience in cooling/heat loss, water & air design calculations, generating design drawings and writing design/performance specifications.
- Knowledge of standby systems such as Diesel generators and UPS arrangements.
- Proficient in the use of design software including CAD and Hevacomp/Amtech as applicable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of sustainable design & technologies.