Our client is an engineering, design and manufacturing company. We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join the machine shop based on Wrexham Industrial Estate.
The occupation of mechanical fitter within the engineering industry is concerned with the assembly, installation, maintenance, testing and dismantling of often complex machinery and mechanisms. Working to precise tolerances, the activities performed, require a high degree of skill to ensure that the specifications within design drawings are achieved. Through their wide range of duties mechanical fitters assume a through life responsibility for the machinery, systems and equipment within their charge, from the initial assembly, installation and setting up to the maintenance and testing to the eventual disassembly/decommissioning of the equipment.
- Examine detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements
- Fit and assemble metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding or brazing parts
- Cut, thread, bend and install hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Dismantle faulty tools and assemblies and repair or replace defective parts
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, and the use of welding equipment would have an advantage.
- Check accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies.Person Criteria:
- Enjoy technical work
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work independently
- Practical ability
- Attention to detail