Fitter - Mechanical
£26690 + overtime and overnight allowance
Mon- Thurs 8am to 4.45pm Fri- 8am to 3.45pm
You will be required to
- Carry out assembly of any of the company's equipment in line with guidelines and instructions.
- Operate tools, including a centre lathe, milling machine, grinders, drills etc. and to carry out simple modification work of parts manufactured by subcontractors if required.
- The fitter will assist other members of the production team when required.
- Carry out installation and service work in accordance with the company guide lines and procedures with consideration to the budgeted costs in any country worldwide to which machines are supplied. Overseas travel of approximately 10 weeks per year will be required.
- All Production Department personnel will give assistance to any other task required to ensure that the Production Department meets the delivery targets of the company.
- The applicant must be able to work with others in a team environment.
- Display a professional approach and follow the company rules as specified in the Employment Handbook.
Qualifications / experience required
- Time served engineer with HNC or similar
- Minimum 5 years' experience in rotating machinery assembly is an advantage
All aspects of mechanical engineering including
- Bench assembly work
- Machine tools
- Pneumatics, hydraulics
- Basic electrics
- Servo motors
- Simple welding
- Company pension 3% contribution
- 33 days paid holiday, including public holidays
- PHI (permanent health insurance ) scheme in operation