Main purpose of job:
To be responsible for ensuring that appropriate repair and maintenance requirements are identified and undertaken as necessary to maintain plant availability.
To perform all duties in accordance with documented work requirements, legislation, company polices whilst mainaining standards in the areas of safety, quality and environment.
- Advise management of safety issues.
- Carry out risk assessment and method statement for routine and defect maintenance tasks as required.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping.
- Responsible for determining and executing repair and preventative maintenance to mechanical machinery.
- Carry out planned maintenance
- Help other maintenance colleagues in routine tasks or major overhauls
- Provide mechanical maintenance support to maximise plant operations.
- Provide assistance and support to the Engineering Department as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Recommend modifications or maintenance procedures that enhance the department's performance.
- Assist in the detailed planning of and preparation for plant maintenance shut down periods.
Other Essential Skills:
- Recognised technicians apprenticeship
- Numeracy, literacy and experience of computerised software packages
- Good communication skills
- Valid Driving Licence
- FLT Driver
- Team member
- High standard of workmanship
- Flexible in approach to work
Good knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
Knowledge of DCS, ESD and PLC based control systems