Russell Taylor are Proud to offer this amazing opportunity for a Mechanical Technician to join our Client who is a global market leader and passionate about continuous improvement. This role would be ideal for you if you are a Mechanical Technician with experience of working in a face paced FMCG manufacturing background. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that has a passion to develop its employees and having a good company morals and loyal employees is important to them.
In your role you will be working with your team to help keep production running smoothly, your duties will be to Maintain, Repair and Improve the Production Equipment and Site where needed.
In your new role you duties will be:
* Working as a team to maintain the Production Plant and Site Equipment using the work routines issued from the CMM System
* Investigate faults and repair mechanical plant and equipment.
* Respond as quickly as possible to any line stoppages or breakdowns reported via the Manufacturing Teams
* The inspection, maintenance and adjustments of mechanical plant and associated equipment.
* Take an active part in Continuous Improvement Teams and work on identified problems
* Liaising with suppliers of mechanical equipment to ensure the correct specification and procurement of spares.
* Ensures the adherence to Health, Safety and Welfare at Work systems and procedures
Skills you require to be successful in your new role:
* The job holder ideally will have a minimum of 4 years' experience in Mechanical engineering roles within industry.
* Appropriate Engineering Qualifications to City and Guilds, HND or equivalent
* A clear understanding of pumps, blowers, conveyors, piping systems, high speed micronisers/mills, palletisers/packing machines, and hydraulic equipment.
* Fully familiar with the permit to work system and isolation procedures and carry out Mechanical isolations of Process Equipment.
* Have a Strong understanding of all process plans and able to diagnose faults on Process Equipment.
* Experience within a Fast Manufacturing Consumer Goods environment desirable
* Numerate and Computer literate
* Strong interpersonal skills, flexible, decisive, good organisation & self-planning skills
* Good communication with a sense of urgency to direct efforts towards clear objectives & to focus on outcomes
* Receptive to ideas and supportive of others
Mon - Friday 08:00-16.00
Rotated Weekend and Evening callouts available after probation
* 30 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Pension paying up to 9%
* Income protection Scheme
* Private medical insurance
* Cash Plan Scheme
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Child Car Vouchers
* Training and development opportunities