We are recruiting Mechanical technicians around Sheffield, Chesterfield and Nottingham for a series of projects which are due to start in March and continue through to August. The client you will be working for is a family run business who mainly work in power generation, oil & gas and renewable energy sectors.
To be successful for this position must have:
- Fully served apprenticeship or equivalent as a mechanical or electrical technician
- At least 5 years’ experience in assembly and stripping of industrial equipment such as Pumps and Valves, pipework, generators and motors.
- Be mechanically bias
- An in date Safety passport (CCNSG)
- Have experience in dealing with plant breakdowns and shutdowns.
It will be advantageous if you have:
- The ability to read wiring diagrams
- Be able to do basic mechanical tasks (gearbox rebuilds) and light fabrication (drilling, lathe work, etc.)
- Experience with single & three-phase electric motor drives
- Experience in overhaul of most major valve types
- be able to perform simple electrical diagnostics.
This is an excellent opportunity for Mechanical technicians to join a well-established company which is growing year on year due to repeat client business. If you would like to be part of this team please apply with your CV ASAP