Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
Location: Merseyside (Wirral and Liverpool combined); site based
Additional Travel: Frequent - anything from 5 to 30% (unlikely to be that high) in a year depending on case load
Typical benefits may include but not limited to: Special bonuses for exceptional performance outside the scope of your normal role, Loyalty share award after 3 years' service, shares awards as you reach a more senior level in the Company, additional holiday entitlement to reward long service
Russell Taylor Group LTD is excited to announce we have partnered up with a leading testing company who are rapidly expanding and have built a purpose-built Laboratory on the Wirral with new equipment and new facilities. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to work as part of a global team; playing an integral part as the Metallurgist/ Materials Scientist - Expert.
Following development of their new laboratory facility in the North West, they are seeking to recruit a confident, enthusiastic Materials Scientist, preferably having worked with composite materials and/or polymers. Ideally, the candidate would also have metallurgical experience in an industrial and/or research setting. Experience in the Offshore, Oil & Gas and Energy sectors would also be valuable. The candidate should have good report writing skills and be willing to travel at short notice when required.
Overall Objective of Role:
The aim of the role is to carry out forensic investigations of marine casualties and associated incidents on a worldwide basis on an individual basis or as part of a wider team
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out investigations and assessments relating to metallurgy matters
- To perform onsite surveys relating to metallurgy matters
- To attend laboratory tests relating to metallurgy matters
- To produce letters and reports detailing the findings of their investigations and/ or attendances
- To provide expert evidence in court/ arbitration in relation to their written expert testimony
- To provide advice/ support to clients in metallurgy related matters
- To follow company operating procedures
- To carry out and assist in marketing activities
- To assist in discipline related and group business development initiatives
- Any other adhoc duties which fall within the individual's abilities
- Will ideally hold a PhD (min BSc qualification) in Materials Science, Metallurgy or related
- Will have worked with composite materials / testing (essential)
- Metallurgy experience / expertise - ideally in a testing environment
- The ideal candidate will have experience leading forensic investigations
- The perfect candidate will have a polymers/ fibres experience in addition to the above
- Given the role involves court representation; we are looking to speak to candidates with exceptional interpersonal skills- you must be able to show resilience when needed and be able to handle difficult situations.
- This role is very varied and requires a degree of cognitive thinking to be able to adapt to the changing environments, training will be provided of course but these are personal qualities that cannot be coached in this role.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office etc)