Metallurgist / Metallurgical Technician - Testing Company
Hours: Monday to Thurs (8:15am- 5:00pm) Friday (8:15am - 3:00pm)
Salary: Competitive DOE.
Additional: Parking onsite, 25 hols + BH, company Pension plan
Our client, a growing testing SME who offer a range of testing services- is looking to expand the metallurgy side of the business and as such are looking for an experienced Metallurgist who will play a key role in their growth plans.
Test House Manager
- Undertake routine metallurgical work.
- Mechanical testing and machine validation.
- Metallographic preparation, examination and assessment of routine work as delegated by Test House Manager
- Production of technical reports based on findings.
- Preparation and certification of computer produced certificates.
- Validation of computer produced certificates from junior technicians.
- Ensuring that documents and certificates are of an acceptable standard in terms of technical detail and quality.
- Involvement with routine and daily equipment checks including the cleanliness and maintenance of machinery to meet certification standards.
- Assisting customers with advice and queries.
- Compiling customer quotations (short term to be overseen by MM and CB).
- Liaising with auditors and accreditation bodies.
- Responsibility for metallographic preparation, examination and assessment of commercial and aerospace weldments.
- To assist the site Quality Manager with management of documentation associated with Quality Standards (ISO17025, UKAS, Nadcap, Bombardier, BAE Civil & Military, Rolls-Royce, Airbus).
- Participate fully in personal development and training.
- Undertake any similar level of work allocated by the Technical Services Director, Test House Manager or Quality Manager but not fully outlined within this job description.
- A metallurgy, materials science or engineering qualification.
- Significant experience within the metal testing and inspection industry.
- Good communication, computer and organisation skills are essential.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative
- Available to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Full driving licence is essential as offsite working may be required.