Microbiologist Testing Lab
Type: Full time / Permanent -North West (office hours)
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 DOE
Additional: Parking onsite, Company Pension, close to public transport routes.
My client is a looking for a Microbiologist to join the business on a permanent basis.
This role has come about due to rapid growth, and it's a very exciting time to join the team.
Lots of opportunities to really develop your career within a stable and growing business, rewarded with a competitive salary.
This opportunity as Microbiologist reports into the Microbiology manager.
- Testing food, feed and environmental samples using methodology accurately
- Routinely use standard laboratory equipment during the course of analysis
- Develop knowledge of methods
- Organise and plan daily workloads to meet Turn Around Times (TAT's)
- Safe handling of organisms, awareness of laboratory hazards Media preparation
- Carrying out daily calibrations and monitoring equipment
- Undertake other responsibilities as and when required and in accordance with the seniority of the position
- Ensure that a health safety culture, policies and procedures are promoted, communicated and implemented effectively in order to minimise risk
- To comply with Company policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of feed/food methods
- BSc in Microbiology
- High standard of dexterity
- Broad knowledge of quality services and the factors involved in delivering a quality service to ISO 17025 standards
- Understanding and proficiency with Laboratory IT systems