Role: - Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Location: - Liverpool
Salary: - Competitive (additional discretionary bonus)
Benefits: - Private medical insurance scheme, Health Insurance scheme, "death in service" assurance scheme
Our client is a medical device / microbiology company, looking for numerous Microbiology Laboratory Technicians with 1-2 years' experience within a Life Science laboratory.
If you are looking for a new challenge and are wanting to join a company which offers brilliant career progression as well as gain experience working to ISO standards (17025 & 13485), please apply within.
- Provide & support general housekeeping in the laboratory
- Perform Microbiology & molecular biology tasks to help the development of new products
- Provide technical support
- Safely dispose of laboratory waste
- Maintain records of calibration and monitoring the equipment to ensure compliance.
- Prepare culture media and simple reagent solutions
- Maintain supplies of pipettes, tips, loops, prepared culture media for day-to-day use.
- Contact suppliers to order consumable items
- Rinse, wash, dry & return all glassware and reusable containers to their allocated storage each day
- Degree in Life Science or equivalent (Microbiology based degree would be desirable)
- 1-2 years' experience working with a technical laboratory (QC lab or experience within ISO 17025/13485 is desirable)
- Able to prioritise workload
- Work to a fast pace and ensure that the work is carried out to a high standard
- Able to present written and verbal scientific reports
- Computer literate
- Must be flexible with workload