Role: - Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Location: - Liverpool
Hours/Shifts: - Monday- Friday (days)
Salary: - Excellent starting salary
Our client is a global medical device / microbiology company- They are looking for a permanent laboratory technician with 12 months industrial based experience to join their ever-growing laboratory team.
- Provide general house keeping for the R&D and QC laboratories-maintaining working areas and laboratory equipment.
- Perform basic microbiological and molecular activities- Prepare culture media (agar and broth formulations) and simple reagent solutions and maintain sterile consumables (Pipette tips, loops, prepared culture media). Tests will include serial dilutions; colony counts and susceptibility tests.
- Provide high level of technical support to scientific staff by following procedures.
- Safely disposing of laboratory waste.
- Calibrate equipment and maintain accurate records of the calibration.
- Contact suppliers to order consumable items- collecting and sorting the deliveries.
- Wash, rinse, dry and return glassware and reusable containers.
- Download, review, and file data from environmental monitoring equipment
- Maintain laboratory freezers on a day-to-day basis
- Identify and transport hazardous and contaminated waste.
- BSc or equivalent in a Life Science related discipline (which has included an element of Microbiology during the degree-aseptic technique, gram staining, sterility, culture media etc )
- 12 months laboratory experience in an ISO9001 / 13485 / 17025 environment /Covid testing (essential)
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Driven & motivated to learn new skills