Role: Microbiology Research Development Manager
Location: North West, UK
Russell Taylor has a fantastic opportunity for a Microbiologist to join a World Class Global Company who are suppliers and manufactures of diagnostic products for, Veterinary, Clinical and industrial testing. If you have experience of microbiology / research development with supervisory experience and are looking to step up to a managers role we would like to hear from you or if you are a manager already looking for an opportunity to join a world class business please apply within.
- To deliver all projects across, microbiology + Pharmaceutical services to meet, technical, regulatory and commercial requirements.
- Responsible for managing the Research and development department.
- Work closely with internal / external departments in order to achieve company goals and KPIs.
- Manage the budgets / Costs of the department and ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Attend regular meetings to update Senior Management on current status of the departments
- To review and evaluate documentation, design products, posters and other scientific documentation.
- To ensure the laboratory and the Lab equipment is maintained, serviced, calibrated, kept clean and complies with health and safety compliance.
- Assist and train all staff and provide mentoring were possible to improve the current teams performance.
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry or Clinical Microbiology / Postgraduate within a Science subject that covers microbiology.
- Project delivery experience within either, academic laboratory, hospital and commercial.
- 2 / 5 years management experience, must also come from a laboratory / technical background and spent time within a commercial environment.
- A natural problem solver, team player and leader of a department
- Must have experience writing reports to a high standard and with scientific industry.
- If you have experience working within the NHS or Health Services Diagnostics we would really like to hear from you.
Keywords: Phd, biomedical, laboratory, 9001, QMS, management, supervisor, microbiology, microbiologist, research development, pharmaceutical, GMP, good manufacturing practice