Microbiologist/ Microbiology Specialist
Location: Kilmarnock NB requires frequent travel both UK and Europe// 50%
Salary: Up to £25,000 DOE
Our Client, a global Microbiology/ Devices specialist are looking to recruit for an experienced Microbiologist who will work cross functionally at their modern Laboratory space and assist the sales team by providing an offsite presence (technical support, troubleshooting etc); this is a rare position with lots of career progression - being part of a rapidly expanding company.
Reporting to the Technical Manager the Microbiology Specialist will:
- Ensure they maintain a safe, well-equipped microbiology laboratory that is used to perform small-scale studies and training on the microbiology product line.
- Perform application studies for potential customers to show how any given Client microbiology system performs with their product.
- Arrange and perform product training sessions with Client staff and/or distributors as appropriate.
- Respond promptly and comprehensively to technical enquiries or complaints via the appropriate means and co-ordinate the response directly to the customer if deemed necessary.
- Make accompanied visits with the sales teams to customer sites, trade shows etc. support the sales process
- Perform the installation and initial training of certain microbiology systems at the customer site and ensure that appropriate records are kept.
- Advise customers on appropriate evaluation of alternative methods - ensure this is consistent with good laboratory practice and any accreditation body that may be concerned.
- Perform the calibration and preventative maintenance of installed microbiology systems where necessary.
- Keep fully up to date with relevant reference methods and related international standards.
- Perform technical presentations at appropriate industry events where appropriate.
- Maintain close contact with the relevant technical specialists at Client Corporation HQ and keep up to date with any technical studies, validations, and literature etc. that they produce.
- Working with sales and marketing, gather or direct strategic market research and other key information to address either areas that our current microbiology line-up lacks or opportunities to expand the range, modify the product so that it is fit for purpose.
- Regularly assess the validation status of the microbiology line-up, determine whether any validations are necessary (both technically and commercially)
- Work closely with product management in marketing.
- Project management for European Validation studies
- Maintain close contact with the product specialists at Client HQ and organise regular updates on strategic aspects of the microbiology products e.g. R&D, sales focuses / successes, new validations etc. and disseminate this information to the sales and marketing teams as appropriate.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant - Microbiology based subject
- Will have significant Microbiology experience (Cell Culture, Culture Media knowledge, Aseptic Technique)
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to troubleshoot/ problem solve and presentation skills.
- Will hold a valid (clean) UK driving licence