Senior Microbiologist/ Team Leader - Microbiology
Duration: 12 months
Hours: Days (Mon - Friday - Friday short days)
Our Client, a Global Medical Devices company are looking to appoint a Senior/TL Microbiologist to work in their modern QC - testing labs. The successful Candidate will get the chance to work as part of a successful Micro/QC team; leading and mentoring the junior staff members whilst gaining furthered career progression in a 13485/GMP regulated Medical Devices industry.
The role of the Senior Microbiologist is to ensure that all routine testing is completed to schedule and that all results, including those from external test houses, are reviewed, checked for adequacy and any non-conformances are reported and investigated in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Leading a team of upto x4 QC Technicians
- Deputize for the Microbiology Manager as required.
- Conducting and leading Microbiology testing (sterility, QC, bacteria testing etc).
- Results review (including external test house results), tracking and trending of data, performance metrics.
- Reporting of Quality Events in a timely manner.
- OOS reports/deviation investigations including risk analysis and statistical analysis of data, effective CAPA
- Prioritization of workload for self and Microbiology Technicians, training of Microbiology Technicians
- Documentation reviews and updates; document control, records management.
- Annual Limit Review.
- Technical support regarding microbiological issues to other departments.
- Project team member where required.
- General laboratory duties as required - cleaning, calibration etc.
- Comply with site Health and Safety procedures.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant - Scientific discipline
- Will have significant Microbiology testing experience in a regulated industry (GMP, UKAS, GLP, 13485 etc);people from Food, UKAS / Contract Testing, Medical Devices and Pharma/Biotech) is preferred
- Will have some Senior, or supervisory experience; leading, managing or supervising - and have experience in hand over management.