Duration: 6 months
Hours: Days (Mon - Friday )
Our Client, a Global Medical Devices company are looking to appoint a Microbiology Technician to work in their modern QC - testing labs. The successful Candidate will get the chance to work as part of a successful Micro/QC team; gaining furthered career progression in a 13485/GMP regulated Medical Devices industry.
- Quality Control testing of prepared microbiological culture media
- Supporting the EMP (Environmental Monitoring Programme) i.e.; water, viable airs, non-viable airs and surfaces
- Supporting SAL/Finished Goods testing schedule for bioburden and sterility testing
- Manufacture of microbiological culture media
- Identification of microbial isolates
- Performing non-routine testing, as required (including report preparation)
- Preparation of cleaning solutions for operations to agreed schedule
- General laboratory duties (e.g. cleaning of laboratory facility and equipment)
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant - Scientific discipline
- Able to undertake basic micro techniques (aseptic techniques, culture media, sterility testing)
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, willing to learn and complete the necessary laboratory housekeeping tasks.