PhD Molecular Scientist, Medical Devices/ Diagnostic
Salary: Competitive depending on experience, includes: company bonus, private medical insurance, health insurance, death in service scheme and company pension; pension 3% nomination (holidays are 23 +bh)
Hours: Days (Monday - Friday) 8.30 - 16.30
Our Client, a well-known Medical Devices manufacturer is looking for an experienced PhD Molecular Scientist to work at their modern facility based in Liverpool.
The focus of this role will be to develop and evaluate molecular based assays for their products. You will be responsible for detailing plans for the development, verification and the validation of products, ensuring research projects are kept on track. You will help support product investigations and provide supervisory support to projects teams, and manager internal stakeholders throughout the product development process.
- Will hold a PhD in a Molecular Biology based area or similar
- 2 year industry experience would be desirable
- Knowledge of DNA/RNA-based diagnostics
- Experience of molecular biology: cloning, PCR, purification and characterisation of nucleic acids, working databases and sequence analysis.
- Proven experience of working in a scientific area, ideally with exposure to Design Control.
- Experience of working within a regulated environment, ideally ISO13485. Western blot , ELISA SDS Page etc