Multi Skilled Engineer (ideally Electrical bias)
£35,000-£39,000 (DOE) + Overtime + Package
4 on 4 off shift pattern
We have an excellent opportunity for a Multi Skilled Skilled Engineer to join an established Food/FMCG manufacturing plant in the Manchester area.
- To carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan.
- Attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required
- Report all work activities carried out on a shift basis.
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications.
- Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, including minimising downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel.
- Provide a service that meets food safety standards, whilst maintaining high standards of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others.
- Undertake training as required to further enhance individual's skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front line operations remains effective and efficient.
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem solving skills, tools and techniques.
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the work load for the overall benefit of the site performance.
- Being able to work to agreed deadlines where necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- To be considered for the role, you will ideally be qualified to HNC level or equivalent, although previous strong experience in the role will also be considered.
- Experience with PLCs (ideally Allen Bradly), and electrical fault finding
- Previous experience in the Food/FMCG sector is desirable
- Mechanically or Electrically trained apprenticeship
Please click the link to apply, or contact Graham at Russell Taylor Ltd for some more information.