Multi Skilled Engineer (elec bias)
£negotiable to exp
Double Days (mon-fri)
We have an excellent opportunity to join our clients FMCG/Food Manufacturing plant on a permanent basis, working with the Days Maintenance team on morning and afternoon shifts Mon-Fri, with some Saturdays as required as overtime.
- To carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan.
- Attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required
- Report all work activities carried out on a shift basis.
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications.
- Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, including minimising downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel.
- Provide a service that meets food safety standards, whilst maintaining high standards of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others.
- Cooperate with contractors and as far as is possible to ensure their adherence to site rules, health and safety and food safety standards.
- Undertake training as required to further enhance individual's skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front line operations remains effective and efficient.
- Train others so that they are able to carry out their expected work duties to the required standards.
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem solving skills, tools and techniques.
- Maximise the use of the labour and skills available by being flexible in terms of work allocation and scheduling within the team.
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the work load for the overall benefit of the site performance.
- being able to work to agreed deadlines where necessary.
- Must be willing to work under the guidance of departmental and site KPI's to maximise business performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- To be considered for the role, you will ideally be qualified to HNC level or equivalent, although previous strong experience in the role will also be considered.
- Ideally you will have worked in the Food/FMCG sector and be familiar with the demands of the industry
Please click the link to apply, or contact Graham at Russell Taylor Ltd for some more information.