Multi Skilled Engineer (electrical bias)
£32,000-£36,000 (DOE) + Overtime + Package
We have an excellent opportunity for a Multi Skilled Skilled Engineer with an electrical bias to join an established Food manufacturing plant.
Due to ongoing demand on operations we are looking to recruit an Electrically biased Maintenance Engineer, to work within the Engineering Maintenance team, to maximise output and efficiency through planned and reactive maintenance.
- To carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan.
- Attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required
- Report all work activities carried out on a shift basis.
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications.
- Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, including minimising downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel.
- Provide a service that meets food safety standards, whilst maintaining high standards of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others.
- Cooperate with contractors and as far as is possible to ensure their adherence to site rules, health and safety and food safety standards.
- Undertake training as required to further enhance individual's skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front line operations remains effective and efficient.
- Train others so that they are able to carry out their expected work duties to the required standards.
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem solving skills, tools and techniques.
- Maximise the use of the labour and skills available by being flexible in terms of work allocation and scheduling within the team.
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the work load for the overall benefit of the site performance.
- being able to work to agreed deadlines where necessary.
- Must be willing to work under the guidance of departmental and site KPI's to maximise business performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- To be considered for the role, you will ideally be qualified to HNC level or equivalent, although previous strong experience in the role will also be considered.
- Experience with PLCs, and fault finding, 3 phase and single phase motors and inverters.
- Previous experience in the Food sector would be advantageous but other sectors etc also considered.
- Mechanically or Electrically trained apprenticeship
Please click the link to apply, or contact Graham at Russell Taylor Ltd for some more information.