Leading Manufacturer in its field has exciting opportunities due to growth of the business. These roles will require flexibility on shift work but will come with a rewarding package. You will be joining a well-established business that looks to continually develop its personnel, machinery and processes, so we are looking for a forward thing Engineer
- Carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan.
- Attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required, via the Shift Engineering Manager and Engineering Planner.
- Report in a comprehensive manner via the Shift Engineering Manager, all work activities carried out on a shift basis.
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications.
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others.
- Cooperate with contractors and as far as is possible to ensure their adherence to site rules, health and safety and food safety standards.
- Undertake training as required to further enhance individual’s skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front line operations remains effective and efficient.
- Train others so that they are able to carry out their expected work duties to the required standards.
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem solving skills, tools and techniques.
- Maximise the use of the labour and skills available by being flexible in terms of work allocation and scheduling within the team.
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the work load for the overall benefit of the site performance.
This is a Shift role and involves night so please only apply if you will be will to work a Night shift.