- To repair and maintain electrically and mechanically all plant, equipment and machinery on site.
- To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance in line with computerised PPM system.
- To prioritise repair and maintenance work to ensure minimum disruption to production and reduced downtime.
- To complete maintenance requisitions and return top copy back to area.
- To carry out scheduled portable appliance testing.
- To liase with operators/supervisors to ensure machinery in correct working order.
- To carry out repairs to buildings and assist building Technicians.
- Ensure suitable quantities of spares are available.
- Receive and check delivery of spares.
- Monitoring and re scheduling of building management system.
- To assist manufacturing and packaging setters in their duties.
- Installation and commissioning of new machinery.
- Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions out of hours.
- To carry out the weekly testing of the fire alarm system and to be a member of the fire party.
- Ensuring safe working environment for other employees while working in their areas.
- Comply with company health & safety requirements and GMP.
- Reduction of equipment downtime.
- Equipment efficiencies.
- Performance of new equipment.