Role: - New Process Development Engineer
Location: - Wirral
Salary & Benefits: - Competitive Salary, 20% company & performance related bonus, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays,4 x Life Insurance & Death in Service, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Career pathway training programme, leadership training & language training programme (up to 11 languages)
Working Hours: - Flexible working hours (37.5-hour week)- Monday-Thursday (core hours 9-3:30pm), Friday- early dart at 1:30pm.
Russell- Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for an NPD Engineer to join a well- established global material specialist manufacturing company with a "family like feel" to it.
The ideal candidate will have experience of bringing in new processes and productions within a similar industry (Chemical/Material Scientist).
- Help to build strength to three main areas of the thermal division- Material Science, Application Engineering & Customer Focus.
- Engage with new technologies and innovations and working with a budget
- Guide and support the Centre of Excellence fibre line team
- Report supporting evidence of work packages
- Work in line with Project Management and stage gate approach
- Act as a technical consultant to the Operations Group
- Identify new technologies to assist with the manufacture of products for the Thermal Product team
- Develop relationships with external suppliers
- Develop product design specifications
- Work with the Centre of Excellence and development team to supervise and learn all aspects of the fibre line.
- Identity market trends to address new product needs- Product type, product form and volume.
- Develop new downstream processing
- Identify locations for trials of new ideas
- Coordinate with local resource to develop CAPEX programs
- Degree (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or Process Engineering) or relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge of product development and process development- specifically for fibre, IFB and colossal manufacture methods
- Experience of writing CAPEX reports and understanding of budgeting/finance
- Experience of project management
- Strong people management experience
- Cultural Awareness
- Working knowledge of Automation and industry