Role: - NPD Chemist
Location: - West Yorkshire
Salary: - DOE
Russell-Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for an NPD Chemist to join a Supplier and Manufacturing company of a wide variety of chemical products. You will be joining a small, but growing team within a multi-functioning chemical laboratory. If you have 1-2 years industrial formulation experience, can liaise with suppliers and a variety of different departments, are an all-rounder who can work in development and also help out with QC and are looking for progression and success within a company please apply within.
- You will be working closely with the Head of Technical in order to develop and formulate new products to ensure that they meet customer requirements as well as ensuring that business targets and deadlines are met.
- Analyse and prepare prototype samples and gather quality control parameters, requirements and performance indications.
- Work closely with the Sales department to outline new product requirements
- Awareness of legislative requirements
- Liaise with suppliers to assess novel raw materials and determine their viability for further development
- Provide Technical support for the Sales team in respect to the current product profiles.
- Help build technical proficiencies within the department e.g. new equipment
- Write technical reports to document development work
- Contribute to general quality control when necessary
- Uphold high standards of housekeeping
- BSc in Chemistry (essential)
- 1-2 years of industrial formulation experience (essential)
- Have the ability to work well and integrate within the current team and assist in general duties.
- Brilliant interpersonal skills
- Passionate self-motivating individual
- All-rounder and good work ethic-work in the lab, visit the plant, work with the sales team and closely with the Head of Technical
- Comply with company procedures