Role: - NPD Technologist
Location: - Salford
Salary: - Up to £30,000
Hours: - Monday-Friday- 08:30-16:45pm (with some remote work available)
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for an NPD Technologist to join our clients ever growing drink supplier business. This is a brand-new position to the business due to the major growth the NPD team is undertaking. The role will involve focus on liquid development projects and innovation. You will also be required to provide technical support and will have the opportunity to be involved with development of new exhilarating products. If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply within.
- Incorporates ingredient & recipe information from the development area into our clients' systems.
- Generates and overseas the provision of documentation associated with NPD to other relevant departments.
- Ensure all ingredients are certified corresponding to the correct method
- Work closely with various teams (QA, Production) to ensure that the process of projects from product development to production run smoothly.
- Coordinate and liaise with ingredient suppliers
- Produce samples for customers, commercial and marketing and coordinate the sending of samples.
- Work closely and support the NPD Manager in cost saving
- Support the NPD Manager in cost saving projects and in approving suppliers
- Work with the Purchasing team on the procurement of ingredients
- Managing trials when needed
- Developing new liquids and working closely with the flavour houses to meet briefings.
- Supply the necessary liquid information for the label for different markets
- Ensure project files are completed, detailing the project status from concept through to launch.
- Advise on process change requirements
- Organise shelf life and sensory trials for new products.
- Previous experience working in NPD within the DRINKS/LIQUID industry.
- Hold a Level 1 Wines and Spirits Educational Trust Certificate (Desirable)
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate to different groups of people
- Ability to work on independently as well as a team.
Benefits of our Client
- 26 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus scheme - Discretionary based on KPI's
- Indirect ownership of the business after a qualifying period in line with the Employee Ownership Trust