Our Client is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining intercontinental Air and Ocean Freight with comprehensive Value-Added Logistics Services and Supply Chain Services. They operate a global network with some 500 branches in more than 80 countries, and employ approximately 15,000 people worldwide.
They are looking to hire a Ocean Exports Customer Service Co-ordinator to process export shipments with high accuracy by using forwarding applications, ensuring operational excellence and high productivity in cooperation with the Business Unit Ocean Exports department.
- Coordinate and oversee export shipments on a daily basis
- Receive work instruction from BU Customer Service & process the file
- Issue transport instruction to carrier, monitor timely collection
- Complete export customs clearance declarations
- Ensure all required security declarations are completed in a timely manner
- Timely validate and post audit of Hazardous Cargo declarations data
- Verify and ensure IMO (HazMat Declaration) matches with MBL data
- Prepare manifest and MBL instructions to carriers and forward them in accordance with carrier's documentation cut-off date
- Review MBL for accuracy and alert management and designated origin/destination contacts of any deviation from last pre-advice
- Ensure pre-alerts were send to the correct Origin Booking counterpart
- Obtain onboard confirmation (COB) from carriers for LCL shipments and also own consolidation containers
- Send SOB e-mails to correct overseas OSC or destination PA offices within 48 hours after vessel departure
- Distribute transportation documentation as required (MBL, HBL, HazMat Declaration, Manifest) to overseas counterparts, i.e. either OSC or destination PA office
- Contact carriers, PA origin and destination offices in case of issues with documentation or cargo
- Pass on files to Billing Group for invoicing within one (1) business day from "COB"
- Advise Team Supervisor of all claims or potential claims and issue preliminary claim letter(s) to involved carriers
- Monitor vendor compliance with service standards and requirements as per contract terms
- Report all pertinent information to Team Supervisor on customer/vendor problems, i.e. unusual problems and interoffice or company situations that may be of interest
- Ensure that e-file contains all necessary documents and that necessary retention / return of originals is completed in accordance with Import Supervisors instruction
- Update Track and Trace application with milestones as instructed by Supervisor
- Other duties as requested
Decision Making Authority
- Exception handling by consulting with supervisor/Customer Service
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with extensive experience in Ocean freight industry, particulary Ocean Exports.
Skills & Experience
Good judgment and organizational skills and ability to make decisions
Educational background / Work experience
Experience working in an Ocean Exports department
- Advanced level or fluent in local language (spoken and written)