Operational Intelligence Software Engineer - Staffordshire
Russell Taylor are working alongside a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company. Our client is a specialist within Automation and Control, as well as IT solutions and services.
We are looking to recruit a Software Engineer to join the Operational Intelligence team, to work on the company's newly-launched Internet of Things software solution, in order to develop client solutions. The role will require the successful candidate to gather, design, program, test, document and commission IT projects across a variety of client markets - including Nuclear, Power Generation, Oil & Gas and Utilities.
- Degree in Computing or Science related subject, with a significant element of computer programming
- Practical experience in C#, C++, ASP.Net or equivalent
- An understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Problem solving skills - identifying issues, exploring alternative solutions, choosing and implementing effective solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies
- UK Driving Licence
- UX/UI design - understanding UI requirements and user experience
- CSS - Styling applications
- Agile experience - fast-paced work, stand up meeting, refining the backlog, KANBAN boards
- Use of source control and branching, for the future use of Git repositories for company framework
- Java (for future framework extension building, such as new Widgets and connectors)
- Confident and able to work under own initiative
- Able to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Work as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Customer interactions - face to face, over the phone or Skype - collaboration with a customer
- Flexible working methods
Please note that graduates and experienced candidates will be considered.