Operations Manager - Derby
My client is looking for an Operations Manager to be based from there Derby offices.
My client is a specialist in calibration, repair, maintenance and measurement of electrical and mechanical services. This allows them to offer a one stop shop to all clients. They operate in 30 countries around the world. They are consistently growing and there is room for internal progression within the company.
Your role and responsibilities as an Operations Manager in Derby, will include although not be limited to the following;
- To provide strong leadership and communication skills to implement a positive working atmosphere
- Ensure you push the existing calibration measurement processes to drive good quality, scheduling and turnaround time on products inbound and outbound
- Continue to improve the product flow
- Drive the technology department to ensure continuous support of customers' needs and requirements
- Consistently improving all areas to help reduce business costs
- Communicate effectively with all team members on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Conduct team performance reviews regularly
- Identify current teams skillset and implement training to achieve a flexible workforce
- Provide achievable key performance indicator reports to drive continuous employment
- Development and implement succession plans
The successful Operations Manager for this position in Derby will have to be able to demonstrate their leadership, motivation, success and management experience. Have excellent problem solving skills both operational and technical. You will also need to be hands on and have the ability to understand the business and customer needs.
- Minimum of 3-4 years management/leadership experience within Engineering
- Calibration/CMM measurement engineering experience is desired although not essential
- Project management or Process development experience
- Lean and Six Sigma background
- Customer/Client facing experience
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and responsive
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be eager to learn new skills and have a good work ethic
- Must have excellent communication skills at all level, written and verbal
They have excellent package on offer including great salary dependant on experience.
Russell Taylor is acting as an Employment Agency and has full authority to advertise this position.