Operations Manager - Painting & Decorating
I have a unique opportunity for a highly experienced operations manager to join the senior management team of a well-established Painting and Decorating contractor based in the Chester area. The company has been established for over 30 years and has a strong reputation for quality and as being a go to contractor in their field. They carry out painting and decorating works in multiple sectors such as commercial, education, industrial and residential and work for a wide variety of clients from blue chip companies to main contractors.
The successful candidate will be heading up a 30+ strong team within a £1.2m turnover business.
This will be a busy and exciting role and will require candidates with both a strong operational background in painting and decorating along with a vast commercial understanding of the pricing and valuations on projects.
You will be involved in managing both the day to day works of the company along with building future business.
As an operations manager you will be ensuring sites are all running to programme and keeping a handle on day to day site activities and performances. With this in mind you will need to be a good decision maker and have a strong ability to form relationships with people.
You will also help with pricing new works that come through, so experience in this area is key.
A large part of this role will be in maintaining and building on existing client relationships along with actively chasing new work and business developing.
- Painting and Decorating trade background with a minimum of 5 years at senior management level (contracts manager/ operations manager/ director level)
- Experience of pricing and estimating for new work
- Experience working for a similar sized painting and decorating contractor
- The ability to be a key decision maker with a strong knowledge of the sector to base these decisions around
- High ability to form relationships and strong experience in dealing with clients and developing new business
In return you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If this role is something that excites you and you have the background and experience to match don't hesitate to apply now or contact Aisling Groarke on 01517375560 for further information.