Operations Manager - Stevenage
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to provide Operational and Technical expertise in order to drive growth in the company's Stevenage Branch.
A truly global company who are specialists in calibration and asset management services, this dynamic business are present in 19 countries and operate in over 30. With nearly 3,000 employees worldwide they service a unique blend of over 35,000 clients annually, providing an exceptional "one-stop-shop" solution for all. They are one of the largest calibration companies internationally, and have a strong market hold in the Aerospace and Defence industries across the UK.
You will be an effective leader, with experience managing a multi-discipline engineering team. As well as this, you will have the following Qualifications/Skills;
* Previous Calibration/Measurement engineering experience, preferably within aerospace - although this is not essential
* Technical qualifications/background in Electrical Engineering is essential
* Management and leadership experience - exceptional motivational and team building skills
* Must have managed a P&L
* Lean and Six Sigma Process background
* Customer/Stakeholder facing experience
* Hands on, motivational individual with a proven track record of increasing productivity
* Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, and possess a good work ethic
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
* Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
* Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and foster teamwork while solving technical challenges
Reporting to the Country Manager UK, this role provides Operational and Technical expertise for the development and implementation of processes required for the successful/cost effective delivery of a Calibration and Measurement capability that meet al customer requirements (Quality, Cost, Delivery).
You will be responsible for the development and management of the P&L of the Stevenage Branch through the co-management of sales, subcontracting reduction, workload management, automation, cost-reduction and will focus on a high quality of service to build long-term relationships with customers. You will also be managing the full team at this site which consists of Customer Services, Engineers/Technician and Logistics personnel.
The company treats every employee as an entrepreneur of their job and career. You are key in participating to build satisfaction and confidence in their clients. They can offer management development programmes to support development of your career.
They are fully committed to providing a rewarding, ethical work environment, where performance is measured in a standardized way to reward performance for all employees.
This role also offers the following;
* Competitive Basic Salary
* Bonus Scheme
* 25 Days Holiday + Statutory
* Company Car or Car Allowance
* Private Medical Insurance
* Life Assurance
* Pension Scheme
* Flexible Benefits Programme
* Free Parking
For more information, please apply for this fantastic opportunity now or call Russell Taylor and ask for Melanie Mortin.
Russell Taylor is an Employment Business and are acting on behalf of their client for this role.