Operations Manager required working in a busy Manufacturing environment providing a specialist product into the Agricultural sector.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the Good, Materials and Logistics team. Managin both the Manufacturing process to maximise productivity and control the logistics department.
The offices are based in pitcturesque are of West Cumbria with glorious views of the Lake District hills.
The business is a Medium sized privately owed Manufacturing business that has seen year or year growth and development:
- IIP gold employer
- Over £21Million Turnover per year
- Covers over one third of the market share in their products.
- Passionate with the goal of delivering the highest quality product on the market
- Direct responsibility for the finished goods and raw materials warehouse teams.
- Expected to take a lead on Focused Improvement activity across the site - increasing production machine efficiency (SMED etc) and the effective deployment of staff in a seasonal business where demand is often unpredictable.
- Line management of logistics planning and day-to-day management of the relationship with our 3PL partners.
- Active involvement in running ISO9001 and Health & Safety processes across manufacturing and logistics.
- Line management of Production Administration
- Direct reports into this role are 12 staff, but as a growing medium-sized business, with a flat management structure, this role also has significant involvement and influence across many aspects of the operations function and, indeed, the wider business.
- The Operations Support Manager will be expected to develop as a key support for the Operations Manager and also to provide cover for this role.
The ideal candidate
- This is a broad and dynamic role which would particularly suit a manufacturing professional who wishes to widen their experience by developing a thorough understanding of logistics.
- Previous team management experience is required, but we are also looking for someone who has a solid technical background, a real enthusiasm for continuous improvement and who is excited by the opportunity to learn and develop with the role.
- An analytical and structured individual with clear potential to progress in the medium-term.
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they are fully-engaged with the principles and tools of TPM and ISO9001.
- Someone who expects high standards from themselves and their team, but also demonstrates an understanding that people deliver their best in an environment of trust and mutual respect.
- Previous logistics/warehouse experience is clearly an advantage, but can be developed on the job as there is already a strong knowledge in the existing team.
- Comfortable working in a flat, non-hierarchical team environment.
- Ex-military engineering/logistics staff could also be a good fit for this role and allowances can be made if this means direct manufacturing experience is limited.