Organic Testing Analysts, GC/ HPLC
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 DOE
Hours: Days, Monday - Friday
Our Client, a Global testing organisation based on the outskirts of Cambridge are expanding their labs and looking to recruit for a number of experienced Organic Analysts who will play a key role in the growth plans.
- Performing routine & non-routine analysis (GC-MS, GC -FID, HPLC) of samples in accordance with documented procedures.
- Troubleshooting of GC/ HPLC instrumentation (column changes etc)
- Assistance in the generation of accurate and timely sample and QC data in line with client expectations and our clients QMS.
- Maintaining the ISO 17025 accreditation by following strict testing guidelines.
- Meeting deadlines and having a 'commercial awareness' in terms of workload and prioritising.
- Assistance in maintenance programmes for the Departments specific analytical instrumentation and any other analytical equipment used by the Department.
- Maintenance procedures shall ensure that instruments are kept in a clean and serviceable condition and that routine in house maintenance procedures are kept up to date.
- Maintenance, storage and labelling of adequate stocks of reagents and standards.
- Consultation with the Divisional Manager when turnaround deadlines cannot be met.
- Will hold a degree in a relevant, Scientific discipline (ideally Chemistry based)
- Commercial lab experience is essential, this person will have worked with GC, GC-MS or GC FID and/or HPLC in an 17025 accredited setting and will have experience in troubleshooting instrument. They may consider ICP / Inorganic Analysts so it is worth applying if you have this in a commercial setting.
- Strong attention to detail and able to work in a fast paced setting.
Keywords: Lab Tech, Laboratory Technician, Testing, ISO 17025, ISO 14001, UKAS, ICP-OES ICP-MS, HPLC, GC-MS and GC-FID.