Russell Taylor Group - Planning Engineer
We are currently working with one of our partner clients in order to provide a Planner who will lead the provision of support to the project management team.
Working within the Nuclear Industry, you will be responsible for the planning, control, coordination and performance reporting of customer projects. The support provided will be across a range of varied activities, including the creation of cost and resource loaded plans, resource / work allocation, risk analysis, coordination of supply chain and logistics, collation of work packs, performance analysis and production of post work documentation. The role may, on occasion, involve travel to customer sites and periods of working away on site although this can be discussed on a case by case basis. Project planning experience of software development and control systems lifecycle would be an advantage but not essential.
* Support the operations to project controls, tools and reports
* Lead the team to work with Project Managers to produce and maintain detailed project plans and resource allocation plans using Primavera P6.
* Maintaining and developing project implementation databases (using MS Access), maintaining relevant paper records, H&S information and compliance information.
* Coordination and liaison with internal and external (customers and suppliers) stakeholders supply chain for provision of services to the agreed plan / work schedule
* Reporting progress, performance, resource utilisation and commercial information to the Project Management team and consolidated Sector performance to the Operations Manager.
* Provide coaching and support to develop other team members in planning and particularly the use of the P6 planning tool.
* Good skills/experience of Project Planning tools especially Primavera P6
* NEC3/4 Experience Working for main contractor and experience of using CEMAR.
* Excellent organisational, communications and analytical skills.
* Experience of compensation events and delay analysis
* Good skills/experience in implementing project controls to drive business performance
* Comfortable with working in an IT or control system environment
* Good skills/experience in risk management techniques
* Good financial and commercial acumen
* Experience of work planning / work allocation /generating S curves / cost planning and reporting
* Earned Value Analysis techniques
* Experience of material procurement, supply chain and logistics
* Experience of consolidated project reporting and control
* Experience of resource management using project planning tools such as MS Project and Primavera P6
* Motivated self-starter with a keen eye for detail.
* Good problem-solving skills
* Able to work through setbacks and develop different solution options.
* Good understanding of technical terminology and logical approach
* Must be able to work under pressure, to strict deadlines, sometimes juggling multiple demands
* Willingness to drive continuous improvement and share best practice.
* Ability to gain SC clearance for secure facilities and top-secret work.