One of our major clients are recruiting for a Senior P6 Planner to join a consultancy on a contract basis following an increasing demand on their current projects. This role is based in Cheshire and will require some site visits.
You will be Reporting to the project management directorate, the successful candidate shall be assigned to a transformation team that is responsible for evaluating, recommending, and implementing improvement initiatives. This shall include the development of an integrated schedule and upskilling the existing team with new methods, tools and techniques that shall be adopted.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Undertake planning & resource loading for assigned project & work scopes
* Utilizing team inputs creates and tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis.
* Responsible for detailed schedule analysis of network logic and critical path
* Works with cross functional Program Teams to resolve critical path and network conflicts.
* Performs "what if" scenarios for individual program management teams
* Performs schedule variance analysis by comparing baseline to schedule.
* Facilitate and run interactive planning sessions for the development of project schedules
* Ensure flawless integration of all project obligations and requirements, including integration of (multiple) contractors project schedule
* Create and maintain (initial) project schedule baselines
* Perform schedule analysis, prepare periodic reports and charts, and provide stakeholders with recommendations for improvements
* Provide planning expertise to project teams and other stakeholders
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of Project Planning processes and performance
* Actively promote and guide junior members of the Project System team in all aspects of planning and scheduling
* Previous experience working within a similar role in the Nuclear or another highly regulated industry such as Defence.
* Must have a strong understanding of planning, earned value, progress measurement, cost, and change control during pre and post contract
* Must be experienced and familiar in the use of Primavera P6.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
* A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the business is required. Proficiency in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic is essential