Packaging Manager (FMCG Manufacturing)
£39,000 Plus FANTASTIC Contractual Benefits
We are recruiting for our client, a hugely successful FMCG packaging business, as they look to expand their Supply Chain Team and bring on board a new Packaging Manager. Their market is thriving, they are a completely safe business to join even during these challenging global times. Joining our client as their new Packaging Manager will not only offer you an incredible platform for your career but will also offer you job security within a great team with fantastic contractual benefits.
This is a permanent, full time role, working 40 hours per week, Monday- Friday, 8:30-4:45pm.
Your key responsibilities as our Packaging Manager will include:
* Line managing one Packaging Technologists
* Performing audits of packaging suppliers manufacturing facilities and quality systems
* Ensuring any non-conforming packaging is communicated to suppliers
* Creating packaging supplier quality agreements / KPIs
* Scheduling and chairing quality review meetings with suppliers
* Driving continuous improvement in packaging.
* Representing the packaging function in the NPD meetings
* Managing the control non-conforming packaging products.
* Managing the packaging trial process
* Advising the business on improvements / developments in packaging
* Advising the business on legislative and regulatory requirements pertaining to packaging of the finished product
* Assisting sales and marketing in identifying specific customers needs and develop packaging solutions to support these
* Ensuring that all packaging specifications are up to date and accurate including food contact certifications
* Identifying cost reduction opportunities whilst maintaining effective packaging solutions
* Selecting materials in association with the Supply Development Manager
* Attending first production / print runs at the packaging manufacturer
* Liaising with Finance to charge and recover costs from suppliers for non-conforming packaging
Skills required as our Packaging Manager
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment, preferably within food/ drink FMCG
* Possessing a logical and structured way of thinking / working
* Full UK driving license is essential to be able to visit supplier facilities
* Good administration skills are essential
* Must have the ability to communicate at all levels
* Must have the ability to maintain a high level of discipline
* IT skills to support and enhance performance
* Proven track record of team working and continuous improvement objectives.
* Ability to make reasoned decisions and strength of character to stand by them.
* Ability to autonomous and self-motivated
* Previous line management experience
* Previous experience of HACCP
Benefits of becoming our Packaging Manager
- Annual bonus scheme - Discretionary based on KPI's
- Training and development
- Health Shield - After 12 months service
- Health checks (diabetes/blood pressure, stop smoking advice etc.)
- Occupational health advice
- Pension - company contribution in line with AE
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company day holiday
- Vouchers and wine at Christmas
- Staff Discounted Shop
- Free on-site car parking
How To Apply
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all of your contact details and information are thoroughly up to date.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager