Role: Packaging Manager - Pharmaceuticals
Salary: £ Competitive
Location: Greater Manchester
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Packaging Manager to join a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company based within Greater Manchester. This is an excellent opportunity to manage the Packaging Team. You will have strong management, packaging, pharmaceutical with GMP experience.
- To provide leadership, direction and management to the Packaging Department
- To lead, train, motivate and develop the Packaging team
- To provide relevant technical support and guidance both within Packaging and cross functionally as required
- To lead the improvement of Packaging activities and to support and participate in wider improvements of the business.
- To ensure that the weekly and monthly productions plans are met or exceeded.
- To be a leader and model for GMP and associated positive behaviours
- To provide leadership for quality and compliance through early investigation of any deviations, putting in place effective CAPA to prevent repeat incidents
- Participation in regulatory and customer audits
- Improvement of workplace organisation and housekeeping to maintain audit readiness
- Comply with company policies and procedures on GMP, EHS and company employment.
- Ensure that appropriate General, COSHH and Manual Handling risk assessments are in place and adhered to.
- Drive a culture of engaged employees
- Set and monitor appraisal objectives for the Production Leadership Team. Oversee Operator training, objectives & general performance
- Mentor, train and develop team members
- Ensure that the need for extra resources is identified and that adequate provision, (ie equipment and appropriately trained personnel) are made available.
- Selection and recruitment of staff.
- Lead improvement activities within Packaging and participate in wider improvement activities within the business.
- Meet objectives set and carry out any other duties as directed by senior management
- Significant relevant managerial and leadership experience ideally within a Pharmaceutical/GMP environment.
- Significant Health and Safety awareness and understanding.
- Experience with high speed automated packaging equipment - Blister lines, bottle filling, etc
- Significant IT experience.
- Excellent proven business and project management skills.
- Significant continuous improvement skills to include people, processes and equipment.
- Experience of developing multi-functional and self-sufficient teams.
- Prior experience working within a cGMP environment
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical Operations and regulations governing them.
- Planning and resourcing techniques and tools - Including MPS, MRP & CRP
- Team and individual motivation techniques
- Continuous improvement tools and techniques
- A Degree level, or equivalent, in a science or business discipline.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Self-motivator and team motivator.
- Problem solving skills and inquisitively minded.
- Dependable, reliable and with a high level of integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of Customer focus and commercial awareness