Our client is looking to on-board a Project Manager to lead complex projects from conception to full implementation through the manufacturing supply chain and in country where applicable, gaining approval and where appropriate within agreed budgets and timelines. Provide continual support to Packaging and Labelling department to enable effective management of the department's priorities, schedules, workload and resources.
YOUR DUTIES AS THE PACKAGING PROJECT MANAGER WILL BE:
- Manage a multi-functional team and co-ordinate project activities and actions.
- To manage & develop processes and the activities in the P&L department.
- Prepare regular and ongoing reports, department, project and KPI updates to senior management
- Participate, organise and present in project review/update meetings throughout organisation
- Prepare and maintain project, department documentation, files and tracking system to ensure compliance with internal and external Quality Systems including managing change control forms.
- Take individual responsibility and work independently for assigned work.
- Making effective use of own and team resources by effective planning in co-ordination with time scales defined by project
- Manage packaging and labelling implementation from concept, through design, trials, approval, managing due diligence requirements at each stage.
- Manage packaging and labelling affected projects from concept to implementation and launch into markets working with R&D, regulatory, manufacturing, sterilisation, quality, master data, marketing, DC, supply chain and customers, reporting updates as required.
- Working with relevant departments across the business coordinating their activities through MSP and project planning tools.
- Support and advice project teams and gain support where / when needed.
- Oversee or where appropriate generate protocols and reports for trials and manage trials, making recommendations where appropriate.
- Support the projects on site as required and gain responses in timely manner.
- Comply with site HS&E, CME and QMS procedures.
- Supplier Liaison
- Leading or assisting with confirming scope for projects
- Ability to communicate and co-operate effectively at all levels across different functions, both orally and written.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Manage own workload and work independently using own initiative.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Good Project plan generation and tracking.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Problem solving ability.
- Persuading and influencing skills.
- Effective use of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with colleagues.
- Solution driven decision making
- Project delivery excellence - fully aligned and level loading of workload
- Process development/improvements
- Flexibility to changing business priorities and processes, managing own time and projects effectively.
- Keep abreast with industry development for innovation processes, technologies and tools that may be suitable for business
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Higher qualification that demonstrates ability to carry out duties and responsibilities as listed above.
- Experience and understanding of processes within the packaging and labelling industry.
- Experience and understanding for processes within the highly regulated environment/ industry.
- Professional qualification in project management i.e. Prince 2
- 3 years' experience (practical application) and good understanding of project management and product implementation.
- Ability to manage a number of complex and high profile projects running concurrently.
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office skills i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet explorer, Project, Outlook, Visio
- Full driving license.
- 5 years' experience and good understanding of packaging and graphics processes, materials and design. To be able to demonstration of appropriate level of knowledge, ability, skills and experience, preferably with experience as a packaging technologist/engineer/project manager/indirect report people management.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing and Supply Chain activities within a business environment.
- Experience in working in a manufacturing environment.
- Process Excellence training/ knowledge of principles i.e. Six Sigma, Lean, TQM
- Experience within the medical (or related) industry.
- Experience in working with database software solutions such as Microsoft Access and Oracle/SAP.
- Knowledge of execution of trials to international standard
- HND/Degree or equivalent qualification in a packaging / graphics related subject
- Working knowledge of FDA, EU, ISO, BSI and other global standards and requirements
- Location: Skipton
- Job type: Permanent role
- Pension: Up to 8% employer contributions
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Full use on site facilities including free on-site parking, Gym on site and discounted canteen
- 4x Life Assurance policy
- Retail discount offers