Role: Packaging Support Specialist - Manufacturing Site / GMP
Location: North Yorkshire, Skipton
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
**6 months FTC - Possibly extended** Working on client projects.
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Packaging Engineer / Specialist / Technologist looking for a new role. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable experience working for a Leading Global Manufacturing Company. You will be involved in all aspects of the packaging process and able to hit the ground running.
In this role the main purpose is to support the packaging department instructed by the Department Manager.
- Complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
- Analyse engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging.
- Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation. Evaluate and select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with global suppliers, engineering, product management, operations, and sourcing.
- Participate in product introduction teams, to deliver new products to market.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labour, efficiency, transportation, and storage.
- Work closely with Engineering to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to develop and validate packaging designs.
- Work with the manufacturing department to ensure that the packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability.
- Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that packaging exceeds customer specifications.
- You must have Packaging experience and understand the packaging process.
- Able to use packaging machines, prints and artwork.
- Labelling for different clients.
- Able to work well in a team and independently.