We are recruiting for this role on behalf of our client; a global manufacturer of high end fashion and cosmetics products. This fantastic opportunity has arisen through growth in the company and my client is looking for an ambitious individual to join the Packaging Team as their 'entry level' Packaging Technologist.
If you are career hungy, have a passion for fashion and want to work alongside some of cosmetics biggest names... THIS IS THE ROLE FOR YOU!
Your Key Objectives
You will be required to assist the packaging team in the development of packaging and the delivery of projects to company and customer standards (NPD, Innovation, Value Engineering and Process improvement) on time and in full to support business growth.
Your Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To design and conduct packaging trials and tests (line trials, transit trials, compatibility testing) to ensure agreed standards are met.
- To issue and manage good technical data reports including specifications and test results.
- To assist in the development of packaging using external suppliers to assure packaging and pallet designs are sufficient to deliver high quality product to our customers
- To assist with packaging maintenance projects across the business
- To assist in the approval and rejection of new suppliers and contractors
- To manage the packaging specification database
- To build and maintain good, strong and reliable relationships with key internal customers and with existing & new suppliers
- To attend regular NPD project meetings for all year round & gifting ranges
- To assist with reviewing design briefs & comment on feasibility
- Work with the wider team to provide positive solutions to problems during new product development & during the lifecycle of the product, post launch.
Qualifications & Experience You Will Have
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Scientific disciplines
- Experience in a packaging development environment desirable
- A full clean driving license would be an advantage.
Key Competency Requirements
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Methodical and organised, attention to detail
- Strong sense of commercial awareness
- Flexible, able to prioritise workloads and capable of thriving in fast paced environments
- Strong team player
- Understanding of and passion for the health and beauty sector
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Pension: Auto enrolled on 3% Employee and 3% Employers
5% company match funded contribution on completion of probationary period.
Life Assurance & Accident Cover: 2 x Salary Death in Service and 24/7 Accident Cover on completion of probationary period
Annual Leave: 22 days per annum plus 8 days statutory bank holiday increasing by one additional day per complete year of service up to a maximum of 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday after 3 years' service. We also operate a policy where employees are able to purchase up to an additional 5 days annual leave.
Healthshields Cash Back Scheme: The scheme offers employees access to cashback on treatments from dental, optical, chiropody and prescription fees, health and wellbeing screening, exercise and fitness as well as access to exclusive retail discounts.
Canteen area (bring own food)
A subsided gym membership
A cycle to work scheme will be in place in the new year.
Applying For Your Role
Please click on the link below and attached you CV, ensuring all your contact details are fully up to date.
We are looking to interview you ASAP.
We look forward to receiving you application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager - Russell Taylor Group