Packaging Technologist (Pharmaceutical Manufacturing)
Monday - Friday 8:00am to 17:00 Thursday, Friday8:00am - 13:00
£35,000 - £40,000 DOE
Company Pension, 25 days holiday plus BH (increasing with service), Life assurance, Company bonus, Cycle to work scheme, parking onsite etc.
Our Client, a well known Pharmaceutical company based in Runcorn; is looking to recruit an experienced Packaging Technologist to work alongside their NPD Team. This is a BRAND NEW ROLE due to rapid ongoing expansion and growth.
Your New Role
To introduce and develop new packaging, products and formats for a host of clients predominantly within vitamins, minerals & skincare.
Your Key Responsibilities
* To work with packaging supplies, exploring and understanding new packaging innovations within the marketplace, and to evaluate their feasibility within the Company.
* To support Engineering and Production in the design, commissioning and qualification of new technologies and equipment as required.
* To advise customers and sales managers on packaging options for their products and to provide quotations for these.
* To generate new and revised artwork for cartons, labels and leaflets, initiating amendments in line with customer and legislative needs, the latter in conjunction with the Technical Dept.
* To produce packing specifications and agree component standards.
* To liaise with suppliers to ensure new componentry and artwork is sourced correctly and on time and to resolve any issues with existing components.
* To support quality and packing during the resolution of technical issues
* To maintain databases for printed packaging artwork, tooling, and status of active projects
* Develop and delivery sustainable packaging solutions
* Any other tasks the business requires
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
* A science or engineering graduate degree or equivalent experience.
* A fundamental understanding of packaging technology and its applications within the nutraceuticals sector.
* Motivated with a common sense, practical approach and an excellent attention to detail.
* This is a customer facing role so excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) essential
Hours of work: (these hours are fixed)
8.00 am - 5 pm Monday - Thursday, with a 30 minute lunch break
8.00 am - 1.00 pm Friday
Defined Contribution Company Pension
23 days holiday, plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
Life Assurance 3 x base salary
Cycle to Work Scheme
Click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact details are up to date.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager