I am currently recruiting for an SC cleared planner to join a major EPCs defence sector. The site-based role is to work under the supervision of the lead planner and specific work package manager to develop a detailed delivery & Procurement schedule for external Civils Works on a major M&E fit out project.
The project is within a highly regulated industry and has a programme duration of c. 18 months.
Qualifications, Roles & Responsibilities
* Qualifications in Building and civils, project or construction management, or equivalent vocational training and experience is desirable.
* Member of an appropriate professional body is desirable (ACostE, APM etc. MICE etc.).
* Undertake planning verification of Supply chain activities and verify claimed monthly progress and YE progress
* An ability to work in a partnering environment with the client.
* Previous site experience in delivering projects to programme
* Understand Planning and Construction processes and be able to recommend methods of construction and able to seek opportunities and problem solve with the design & engineering team and supply chain to identify programme and production opportunities.
* Ability to integrate with M&E, General Building, and complex Plant work packages to achieve programme.
* Experienced in the implementation and use of earned value analysis (schedule and performance management).
* Strong knowledge and understanding of use of planning tools & techniques.
* Proficient with Primavera P6 in an Enterprise environment.
* Skilled in progress interrogation and scrutiny of / challenging contractor schedules.
* Close working with supply chain / internal project managers to develop / improve logic sequence.
* Experience of Developing WBS / OBS and development of schedules from limited information.
* Experience of Critical Path Analysis / late starts early starts / finishes.
* Understanding and interpreting Float Erosion and Critical activities.
* Managing Baselines.
* Development of What-if scenarios for exploring sequence effects on the schedule.
* Ability to interpret project documentation.
* SC Clearance desirable though not essential, must be capable of gaining DV