Planning Engineers - Cambridgeshire - Marine Infrastructure
My client is an independent, international, engineering and project management consultancy with over 130 years of experience. They are currently recruiting Planners for a major Marine / Infrastructure Project based in their Cambridgeshire office. These roles are initially a 3 month contract but are expected to be extended.
Responsible for initiating and maintaining on a regular basis the detailed Construction Programme together with a Design and Package Procurement Schedule, in order to ensure that work is being carried out to meet the Project requirements. Collecting data, updating the programme to show progress or delays and providing weekly performance reports to the Project Manager concerning the status of the project. Implementation of financial analysis to assist in production of commercial information.
- Work towards achieving a full understanding of the role and its boundaries
- Achieve full understanding of internal and external procedures
- Build and maintain relationships
- Measure earned value against planned and actual
- Highlight financial impact against programme and measure / monitor against time and cost.
- Actively take part in induction and ongoing training and development
- Demonstrate the abilities to create, update, monitor and develop a project baseline programmes and communicate them to the project team, S/C and client
- Carry out initial site surveys and discussions to establish and develop project requirements
- Development of the project programmes with relevant parties, including sub-contractors and suppliers
- Responsible for programme development and implementation plans to ensure works carried out in compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Ensure projects are completed within specified timescales, specifications and budgets
- Benchmarking and monitoring of projects, ensuring they are running to schedule and to promote continuous improvement; informing the project team of any slippage
- Provision of weekly and bi-weekly progress reports, whilst flagging critical path items, and possible risks identified
- Developing the risk register of the project with the project team, update and monitor it
- Continually update relevant project documentation following internal procedures
- Actively encourage/develop alternative construction techniques to achieve better timescales, whilst maintaining the project requirements for budget, quality and safety
- Maintaining records of the project timeframes and achievements for future reference
- Project planning experience within the Marine / Infrastructure industry.
- Working within budgets and timescales
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (preferable)
- HNC in a relevant engineering discipline
- Computer literacy
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Primavera Software P6
- MS Office products - MS Project / Word / Excel
- Good communication skills at all levels are required, via all mediums.
- Understanding of the companies contractual obligations.
- A conscientious, positive and reliable attitude to performing the task.
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Full UK driving licence
To find out more call Patrick from Russell Taylor on 0151 304 7034. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org