We are looking for an experienced Planning Engineer to work on our clients Project Controls Framework based in Bridgwater. As a Planning Engineer you will be responsible for providing planning support working with Project Managers to develop and manage schedules to incorporate risk, change, resource requirements and cost.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing planning support working with Project Managers to develop and manage schedules to incorporate risk, change, resource requirements and cost.
Our client is supporting eight UK power stations to prepare for defueling and decommissioning Our client's role is to provide project controls and commercial managed services to portfolios and programmes across the power stations. Our client will develop people capability in core project skills and provide support to improve project performance and deliver cost efficiencies.
· Develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for designated projects
· Establish and monitor a cost and resource loaded, logic linked, baseline plan for the project in accordance with processes
· Capture project budgetary costs and resources in the plan to determine time phasing of expenditure and the total project budget
· Establish robust Work Breakdown and Project Control Structures in terms of project scope
· Work with the Project Manager and Project team to establish the project activities, cost and durations and ensure that these reflect project scope, constraints and commitments. Challenge as necessary to ensure compatibility and compliance
· Interface with other departments regarding the project's activities which may have an impact and ensure correctly captured
· Facilitate acceptance of and ensure that the project plan embraces the full project work scope, is fit for purpose and is achievable
· Ensure that any necessary planning interface with the site Work Management Process (WMP) is established
· Maintain and control project baselines in line with company procedures and guidance
· Ensure the reasons for, and the factors influencing each change to the project's baseline plan plus the implications of such change are understood and communicated with the wider project team.
· Monitor, control and analyse the project programme and cost information using Earned Value methodologies
· Challenging schedule and cost variances against the baseline plan
· Integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan
· Regular interfacing and integration with the project controls team to maintain an aligned financial position with the Project Plan
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Breadth of experience across whole project lifecycle (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes) preferably in a highly regulated environment
· Primavera (P6) trained and experienced
· Experience in building cost and resource loaded plans
· High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills
· The ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programme of work
· Proficient in the interpretation of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools
· Proficient in the use of Earned Value Analysis
· Relevant experience in Project Controls and/or Project Delivery, preferably in a highly regulated environment
Evidence of strong engineering background, ideally within a safety/regulated environment
· Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience