Title: Planning Engineer
Salary: Permanent role with competitive salary and benefits
Our client, who is an international electrical and instrumentation engineering and contracting company, are seeking to appoint a Planning Engineer for one of their major projects in Teeside.
To develop, in conjunction with the project team a detailed plan and schedule for the project.
- Understand full scope and sequence of project.
- Have good working relationship with clients' opposite number.
- Utilise computer systems to maximum potential.
- Develop and awareness of planning within the project team.
The Project Manager
Details of Position:
To provide an efficient planning function on the project.
- Ensures that Planning Engineers are available to provide a comprehensive planning service to all Project Management.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager develop a detailed plan for the completion of the project.
- Establish feedback system whereby all changes to the original plan are notified and re-scheduled in detail.
- Ensure that plans are updated so that information will be available as required on the status of the project in regard to work done and work to be done and the percentage of the contract completed and to be completed.
- Work hand in hand with Project Q. S. to ensure all changes and variations are highlighted.
- Report as required giving the status of the project in terms of time expended to units produced, proportion of day work and variation work and performance of contract.
- Provide feedback information to engineering proposals to help develop more accurate standards and to compare unit rates estimated and actual.
- Ensure that a complete schedule of materials is taken off giving full details of:
- Catalogue Number
- First and substitute price
- Expected delivery
- Liaise with client's planning engineer.
- Produce a labour histogram for the project and revise with variations.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your CV to Andy.Coppock@Russell-Taylor .co.uk
Please not, only Permanent candidates will be considered for this role.