Here at Russell-Taylor we are looking for a SC cleared planning engineer to join a Major EPC within the naval nuclear sector.
Within this role you will be providing managers with accurate and timely project planning tools and cost reports for all work undertaken by the Engineering Services Technical Authority (ES TA), or Specified Project(s) allocated by the Senior Planning Engineer.
You will be developing the project planning and cost functions within the nuclear engineering
Your tasks and responsibilities are:
* You will be working closely with a senior planning engineer on planning and co-ordination activities for ES TA or Specified Project(s) allocated
* To maintain the budget inventory of approved tasks for ES TA.
* To provide a cost collection service for all project and overhead work within ES TA or Specified Project(s) allocated by the Senior Planning Engineer.
* To develop the Project planning tools and deliverables within ES TA as required by the Nuclear Engineering Director.
* To develop the cost collection service within ES TA as required by the Engineering Services Director.
* To provide routine and detailed reports/support to meet the requirements of ES TA Facilities Manager and individual Project Managers/Centre Managers.
* To assist in the development of a rationalised project planning and cost collection service for the whole of Engineering Services.
* Co-ordinate the activities of Labour Capture input.
* To manage a team of Administrators/Cost Engineers when project requirements arise.
You will be making decisions and applying initiative and judgement within the business responsibly. Liaise with various managers and their support staff across the Nuclear Engineering Directorate to collect data on tasks related to functions for which the Planning Engineer has responsibility and attend any forum where project programming and cost collection issues are discussed.