I am currently recruiting for a Planner to join our clients defence sector. The site-based role is to work under the supervision of the lead planner and specific work package manager to develop a detailed delivery & procurement schedule for external Civils Works or internal mechanical and electrical fit out works on a major project.
Our client helps to improve people's lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK's energy, water, and transportation infrastructures.
The role requires Security Clearance at SC level therefore the ability to obtain clearance is essential.
- Application of technical and construction knowledge to produce and manage integrated programmes
- To coach the operational project teams on planning elements of their work and integrate and communicate effectively with the project team
- Interface directly with supply Chain and undertake regular reviews
- Work closely with the site team to maximise the potential of the project
- Coordinate the supply chain to achieve production targets and key milestones
- Manage programme related elements of the risk mitigation plan / opportunity plan
- Proficient with Primavera P6 in an Enterprise environment
- Previous site experience in delivering projects to programme
- Experienced in the implementation and use of earned value analysis (schedule and performance management)
- Experience of Developing WBS / OBS and development of schedules from limited information
- Ability to integrate with M&E/Civils, General Building, and complex Plant work packages to achieve programme
- Undertake planning verification of Supply chain activities and verify claimed monthly progress and YE progress
- An ability to work in a partnering environment with the client
- Understand Planning and Construction processes and be able to recommend methods of construction and able to seek opportunities and problem solve with the design & engineering team and supply chain to identify programme and production opportunities
- Skilled in progress interrogation and scrutiny of / challenging contractor schedules
- Close working with supply chain / internal project managers to develop / improve logic sequence
- Experience of Critical Path Analysis / late starts early starts / finishes
- Understanding and interpreting Float Erosion and Critical activities
- Managing Baselines
- Development of What-if scenarios for exploring sequence effects on the schedule
- Ability to interpret project documentation