Housing - Merseyside
Salary competitive £45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus schemes and company benefits
My client are a well-established 5 Star House Builder based in the Merseyside area, due to an increase in developments they are seeking an experienced Planning Manager to join their team. This opportunity is perfect for an experienced professional looking to work for a dynamic, successful housebuilder with some truly exciting plans for the future.
The role of a Planning manager will include creating and implementing (in conjunction with planning, Land, design and technical departments) a detailed programme to take care of all the necessary procedures and obtain full planning consent, to meet my client's business plans.
This will involve liaison with the in-house teams as well as with local authority departments, to agree action plans and maintain progress in meeting all obligations and requirements, working to a strict timetable. At the same time, you will be aiming to identify and implement cost-saving and efficiency opportunities.
- Identify and advise divisional land teams of potential development sites that may become available through the prevailing/emerging planning policy.
- Promote sites through the Local Plan system and keep landowners/agents as well as the divisional management team advised of progress
- Negotiate terms working with the Land Director and Strategic Land Director as appropriate in order to acquire land interests directly with landowners and agents.
- Identify, negotiate and secure Strategic Land for the division
- Provide day to day planning advice to Land Teams primarily on residential schemes.
- To be able to prepare and submit planning applications with accompanying scoping and screening opinions and the appropriate level of information to ensure the application is registered and processed by the Local Authority and compliant so that they are not capable of legal challenge.
- Attend Planning Committee Meetings and speak/present on behalf of the company as necessary.
- Co c ordinate/organise and present at Public Consultation meetings outside of normal working hours as appropriate.
- To manage consultant teams.
You will need to be an excellent team player with first-rate communication, negotiation and organisation skills, keen to make the role your own and help build your future as you contribute to ours.
To apply please email your CV to Lauren.email@example.com or contact me on 0151 737 5560