Job Title- Plant Manager Team- Operations
* Directly responsible for management and development of a multi- disciplined management team, as well as interaction with peers, across
* Develop and implement strategies to maximise profitability, whilst safe guarding customer service.
* Effectively oversee all daily operations of the plant, whilst monitoring safety, equality and productivity.
* Core liaison with R&D department to ensure product and process development support and actions.
* Represent the THE (UK) Ltd plant both internally and externally, in a professional manner.
* Understand, respect and educate THE Group philosophy, principles & Core values.
* Execution of business plan objectives and operations strategy. Provide the plant with a clear strategic and tactical direction.
* Accountability for the profitability of the plant as well as demonstrating improved operational performance, year on year.
* Demonstrate financial acumen and ability to generate, monitor & analyse key data, in order to ensure an effective return on assets.
* Effectively manage and develop the operations team to integrate local strategies and exceed customer expectations. Allocate resources appropriately.
* Maximise productivity through efficient use of labourer and materials.
* Ensure compliance to relevant international (ISO) and local standards.
* Be a site LEAN champion- Continuing develop and improve manufacturing processes (resources) to meet customer demand in quality, time and cost.
* Foster and develop relationships with internal customers and support functions.
* Demonstrate ability to be a key change agent.
* Responsible for employee education and competence levels, required to achieve strategy. Encourage team cooperation to achieve collective performance.
* Be an active coach and mentor and be able to influence and convince.
* Lead by example and demonstrate effective and positive leadership skills through proactive involvement, in daily activities.
* Integrate and develop the THE Group Management information system
* Educate to degree standard in an engineering or business management discipline.
* Proven experience as a plant manager in an SME, with international experience.
* Good knowledge of business and management principles (financial, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
* Good knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, supply chain and demand creation activities.
* Strong experience in LEAN management.
* Excellent communication and leadership skills with an emphasis on strong team building, decision- making and people management skills
* Excellent computer proficiency