Russell Taylor have an immediate requirement for a Control Systems Engineers to work on a long term contract in Staffordshire.
The candidate should have proven experience in mainstream PLC, SCADA and telemetry Systems ideally Schneider Quantum/M580 with Unity, Rockwell Contrologix. Misubishi or similar, Wonderware, Panorama, Win CC or Factory Talk SCADAs and knowledge of VB and access.
Summary of Role:
The specification, design and implementation of PLC Control Systems and related software engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications. This role is predominantly based in Staffordshire, but will require periods of working on customer sites in the UK.
* Development of PLC system design and options from customer requirements
* PLC programming of control systems and configuration of SCADA from given designs
* Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures) specifically production of FDS, DDS and Test Specifications
* Working within project team to customer deadlines
* Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
* Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
* Minimum 5 years' experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post
* Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
* Knowledge of project lifecycle
* Experience of producing FDS, DDS and Test Specifications
* PLC system design, coding, testing and commissioning
* SCADA System Design, configuration and Commissioning
* Coal fired Power Stations, Biomass or Energy from Waste Plants and associated processes
* Willingness to travel and work away when required
* Driving licence