Summary of role
We are currently seeking Electrical Design Engineers to join our team based in Leeds. These are full-time positions, 37.5 hours per week.
The post holder will oversee design aspects of projects from inception to implementation, ensuring compliance with Client specification and current regulatory standards.
The ideal candidates would have:
- Degree/HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering or technical apprenticeship that proves a solid foundation in the principals of Electrical Engineering, or a minimum of 3yrs electrical design experience in a similar organisation
- Proven track record as an Electrical Engineer in a design office and/or on site
- Knowledge of LV Motor Control Centres (MCC's)
- Knowledge of WIMES specification and Water Authorities Standards and Specifications, or experience working with client specific specifications.
Job Description - Specific Role & Responsibilities
The role of an Electrical Design Engineer will require the individual to undertake the following:
- To be responsible for technical design and controlling design delivery to meet the programme
- To meet customer requirements within agreed timescales and acceptable cost parameters
- To take responsibility for site engineers, monitor their progress and quality of work
- To work with customers and to develop good working relationships with Clients
- To aid Sales Staff in the preliminary design / determination of projects at Tender stage
- Interpret a client's requirement in the basic and main design phase of application, and develop, design and customise electrical control systems and circuits to function specifications that meet the customer needs
- Be responsible for the production of drawing packages including mechanical panel design and control circuitry ensuring compliance throughout the development of assigned projects with all relevant specifications, standards and safety regulations
- Liaise with other departments and provide technical support and assistance to sales, manufacturing and installation phases with occasional site visits to client's premises
- Work to appropriate schedules delivering hardware content for projects for manufacture, and attend regular project progress meetings to report on status
- Review the contract file on receipt and inform the Project Manager of any anomalies
- Work with the Project Manager, Head of engineering and manufacturing to efficiently and professionally execute the project
- Attend formal/informal contract review meeting with client
- Design systems to industry and particular specifications incorporating company standards and customer requirements, including all design calculations.
- Issuing design package to customer for approval
- Produce final component list and issue for purchasing
- Confirm design approval with clients
- Update drawings to client comments
- Maintain regular contact with the Project Manager regarding job progress
- Understanding, interpreting and responding to the needs of other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, process and civil.
- Production of electrical, control and instrumentation design documentation and drawings including:
- Load schedules
- Parts listings
- Heat calculations
- Schematic designs power and control
- Have a working knowledge of
- Single line diagrams
- Block Cable diagrams / Control system & communications block diagrams
- Control philosophies
- Instrument schedules
- Process & Instrument Drawings
- Electrical Component selection / specifying
- Follow Quality Assurance procedures analyse the effects of client changes / omissions / errors and assess the impact on the project leading to the preparation of Variation Evaluations / Compensation events
- Review and confirm price of Variation Evaluation / Compensation Events with Project Manager / Head of Engineering
- Actively promote a client focused partnership approach
- Deal promptly with clients' queries, correspondence etc
- Adopt a professional approach towards clients and always show a respectful attitude
- Ensure that all documentation is supplied to contract terms
- Check other Engineer's drawings for accuracy
- Undertake site surveys of existing installations
- A relevant degree qualification or technical apprenticeship that proves a solid foundation in the principals of Electrical Engineering, or a minimum of 3yrs electrical design experience in a similar organisation
- Ideally will have experience of working within the water industry, Oil / Gas, Logistics and material handling or Energy efficiencies / renewables.
- An ability to identify and evaluate new technologies that will enhance the competitiveness of our products and to keep informed of best practices throughout the manufacturing / electronic industry
- Ability and experience of creating electrical layouts and schematic drawings
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work both as part of a team as well as independently under your own initiative
- Adaptable to change and is innovative in seeking solutions
Ability to design and communicate with clients on multiple projects at any one time.